Construction Accident Lawyer in Queens
Have you or a loved one suffered from a construction accident in Queens, New York? The attorneys at Kalra Law Firm are here to help.
At Kalra Law Firm, we understand that it can be difficult or nearly impossible to think clearly, act quickly, and handle all areas of your accident appropriately in order to receive the care and compensation you deserve. The shock and loss following a construction accident can be overwhelming.
As your Construction Accident Lawyer in Queens, NY, we represent you and your family as you consider:
- Do you need medical care? Are there additional losses you’ve experienced, such as time off work, the ability to drive or travel, or the support of your family or dependents? It is imperative that you document any injuries you have sustained. Photos of all conditions present as soon as possible are one of your greatest assets – photos of the workplace, anything that may have contributed to the accident, and your injuries – as you seek treatment.
- Did you report the accident to your employer immediately after the incident? Time is of the essence with claims of this sort; wait too long and you may risk your ability to recover any damages.
- Who is legally responsible for the accident? Is your employer to blame? Was a supplier or contractor negligent in their services or supplies?
- What caused your loss and/or injury? What were the circumstances that caused the accident? Recording these conditions as soon as possible will help you retain small details that may fade over time. Witness statements about what happened also provide vital information as well.
- Is Workman’s Compensation going to be involved in settling your accident claim? Are you an employee or an independent contractor? Were any other people injured like you were?
- Were The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) conditions for your construction site observed? OSHA has rigorous standards for construction sites. A thorough investigation may be appropriate. We can help determine if this is the case.
- Are there any insurance companies to be contacted and held accountable for compensation? If an insurance company reaches out to you, you don’t have any obligation to answer their questions nor accept their offers. Representation by a reputable Construction Accident Lawyer will make certain that your best interests are represented throughout the whole process.
Construction accidents can occur in several ways and may result in devastating circumstances. Was your accident the result of falling equipment or debris or a structural failure? Did you trip or fall due to insecure flooring or substructure, or were you caught in a building collapse? Perhaps you suffered your injuries due to falling/failing scaffolding that was inadequately assembled, an elevator shaft fall, or defective or neglected heavy equipment. Were you harmed through a burn, electrocution, or a crushing “caught between” accident? Were you hurt while driving or operating your employer’s vehicle, whether truck, tractor, skip loader, etc.? Did you experience prolonged exposure or a spill of hazardous and/or toxic materials & chemicals such as silica or asbestos?
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous places to work. This may be due to any or all of the following conditions:
- A lack of complete and effective training, improper communication
- Hastily assembled scaffolding
- Inadequate respiratory protection
- Insufficient safety measures for work at any height(s)
- Deficient control of hazardous energy
- Broken, missing, or unsatisfactory machinery guarding systems
- Poor or lacking face/eye protection
All these adverse conditions can contribute to catastrophic construction accidents… even death. Any or all of these situations may qualify as punitive damages being awarded in your case.
As your construction accident lawyer in Queens, New York, our specialized team of legal experts will comprehensively analyze the circumstances surrounding your injury. We realize that healing your pain and suffering, both mental and physical, are equally important following a traumatic accident. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety may all become consequences of your injury and must be considered in your recovery. We will carefully weigh all aspects of your physical and emotional well-being and work to see that you are appropriately and comprehensively compensated.
Call us today. We will fight for you. We are YOUR Construction Accident Lawyer in The Bronx, New York.
Construction Accident Lawyer in Queens, New York
Top-Rated Queens Construction Accident Lawyer
Kalra Law Firm is committed to protecting the rights of the injured in a relentless pursuit of justice. Our team of skilled attorneys and legal professionals are here for you to obtain the highest possible recoveries on all client cases. Our consultations are free, and the advice is priceless.
About Queens NY
Queens is located in Queens County, New York.
- Population (approx.): 2,273,000
- Geo coordinates: 40.7282°N, 73.7949°W
- Postcodes: 11005, 11357, 11429