Construction Accident Lawyer in Corona
Construction Accident Lawyer in Corona NY
It can be difficult or nearly impossible to think clearly, act quickly, and handle all areas of your accident appropriately in order to receive the care and compensation you deserve. The shock and loss following a construction accident can be overwhelming. If you or a loved one have suffered from a construction accident in Corona, New York, we are here to help.
As your Construction Accident Lawyer in Corona, NY, we represent you and your family as you consider:
- Do you need medical care? Are there additional losses you’ve experienced, such as time off work, the ability to travel, and family/dependent support? It is necessary that you document any injuries you have sustained. Photos of all conditions present as soon as possible are one of your greatest assets – photos of the workplace, conditions that may have contributed to the accident, and your injuries – as you seek treatment.
- Did you report the accident to your employer immediately after the incident? Time is of the essence with claims of this sort; wait too long and you may put your ability to recover any damages at risk.
- Who is legally responsible for the event? Is your employer to blame for your accident? Was a supplier or contractor negligent in their services or supplies?
- What caused your loss and/or injury? What were the circumstances that contributed to the accident? Recording the details as soon as possible will help you retain small details that may fade over time. Witness statements as to what happened to provide useful information as well.
- Is Workman’s Compensation a factor in settling your accident claim? Are you an independent contractor? Were any other people as injured as you were?
- Were The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) conditions for your construction site honored? OSHA has rigorous standards for construction sites. A thorough investigation may be appropriate. We can help you determine if this is the case.
- Are there any insurance companies to be contacted and held accountable for compensation? If an insurance company reaches out to you, you have no obligation to answer their questions nor accept their offers. Proper representation by a reputable Construction Accident Lawyer will make certain that your best interests are represented throughout the whole process.
Construction accidents can occur in several ways and include many devastating circumstances. Was your accident the result of falling equipment, rubble, or debris or a structural failure? Did you take a trip or fall due to insecure flooring or substructure, or were you stricken by a building collapse? Perhaps you suffered your injuries due to falling/failing scaffolding due to inadequate assembly, an elevator shaft fall, or defective or neglected heavy equipment. Were you harmed through electrocution, a burn, or a crushing “caught between” accident? Were you hurt while driving or operating your employer’s vehicle, whether truck, tractor, skip loader, etc.? Did you experience a spill or exposure of hazardous and/or toxic materials & chemicals such as silica or asbestos?
Construction sites are some of the most dangerous places to work. A lack of complete and effective training, improper communication, a hastily assembled scaffold, inadequate respiratory protection, insufficient safety measures for work at any height(s), control of hazardous energy, deficiencies in required machinery guarding systems, and missing or poor face/eye protection – all these things can contribute to catastrophic construction accidents… even death. Any or all of these adverse conditions may justify punitive damages being awarded in your case.
As your construction accident lawyer in Corona, New York, our professional team of legal experts will analyze the circumstances surrounding your injury. But we won’t stop there. We realize that healing your pain and suffering, both mental and physical, are equally important following a traumatic accident. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, and anxiety may all become heavy aspects of your recovery. We will carefully weigh all facets of your physical and emotional well-being and work to see that you are appropriately and comprehensively compensated.
Call us today. We will fight for you. We are YOUR Construction Accident Lawyer in Corona, New York.
About Corona NY
Corona is a neighborhood in the borough of Queens in New York City. It is bordered by Flushing and Flushing Meadows–Corona Park to the east, Jackson Heights to the west, Forest Hills and Rego Park to the south, Elmhurst to the southwest, and East Elmhurst to the north. Corona’s main thoroughfares include Corona Avenue, Roosevelt Avenue, Northern Boulevard, Junction Boulevard, and 108th Street. Corona has a multicultural population with a Latino majority and is the site of historic African American and Italian American communities. After World War II, the majority of the neighborhood’s residents were mostly Italian, German, Irish, and of other European ancestries. Corona also has a significant Chinese population. Corona is mostly part of Queens Community District 4. The section north of Roosevelt Avenue, known as North Corona, is the northern section of Corona and is in Community District 3. Corona is patrolled by the 110th and 115th Precincts of the New York City Police Department.
- Population (approx.): 110,000
- Geo coordinates: 40.745°N, 73.8643°W
- Postcodes: 11368